1. What just happened?!
We don’t really believe in ghosts here at the AllThatCubeness office (that is, my bedroom desk with my laptop on it), but this episode was freakily amusing.
No-longer-faceless Janie appears as a ghost this week. Has Ryan really lost his mind then? Why is she here? What is she trying to tell him?
The group finds out Lauren secretly brings in some extra cash as parking services manager *cough vest wearing valet parker* while coping with really really really bad test anxiety. No worries, help is on its way (van intervention included). Meanwhile, Ryan finds outs Steven broke up with his girlfriend Ashley and appoints himself as Stevens wingman. It becomes perfectly clear he starts ‘Chandlering’ as soon as there are pretty girls involved, but it never hurts to mention your job at a radio station, so it seems. Furthermore: midnight turkey cooking and stalker shopping (that guy can shop indeed).
2. What was the most memorable quote or dialog this episode?
– Mr.K: “I spent a half an hour talking to my grandmother once. It was really spooky. I can only imagine what it would’ve been like if she was dead.”
– Sonia: “I was walking in the area, I see Lauren. I know she is protective over privacy so I followed at a comfortable distance…” Danny: “15 feet?” Sonia: “No, I’m some amateur. Ugh!”
– Ryan: “You always look so much better in my shirts than I do.” Janie: “Yeah well you know, boobs improve everything, so…” Ryan: “Now THAT is the kind of ghost wisdom I wanted you to bestoweth upon me earlier.”
– Ryan to Lauren: “You can’t pass a real estate exam? You’re not qualified for taking four percent for doing nothing??”
– Ryan, while Janie ghostly disappears after an adorable convo about Ryan learning the little things that she used to do around the house: WHAT’S THE ITUNES PASSWORD??”
3. Cuteness vs. Useless
+ The scenes between Ryan and Janie. Some chemistry there!
– The ‘You scored this, but you actually scored even lower on your practice test’ joke went on just a tiny little bit too long.
– What is up with the ‘picking up random blonde girls’ Ryan??
+ The bromance moment after ditching them was more like it.
+ I’m just gonna be enthusiastic here for a bit and give out an extra plus for the final scene: +. Wasn’t the ending just nothing but cute?? It really showed the friendship between all group members. “You’re great with us around you. Be great.”
4. Rate it! (on a scale from 0 to 10)
Funny and sappy moments go really well together in Go On. 8,5 again this week.