S has disappeared again. Shocker… and Dan’s hair looks even more ridiculous than last season.
1. What just happened?!
Serena went a-whole and everybody notices it at the end of the summer. So the whole crew flies in from their foreign destinations to look for our blonde it-girl with legs as days. Our beloved S goes by the name Sabrina now and is dating a famous holistic health pharmacy guy. Meanwhile Rufus and Lily don’t trust each other anymore (and she renewed her vows with Bart). Nate is still trying to find out who Gossip Girl is. Chuck and Blair are sorting out their own business before going to the altar (well she has a ring around her neck, so that wouldn’t be such a weird conclusion…). Ivy tries to manipulate Rufus (and easily succeeds). Plus Dan suddenly does everything that Georgina says, so that he can write a big expose on his former friends. Oh, there is no drama like Upper East Side drama.
2. What was the most memorable quote or dialog this episode?
This one goes between Blair’s: “Haven’t you ever seen a Hitchcock movie or watched “Dateline”? There’s only so many ways this goes kidnap/ransom, torture/murder, or brainwash/cult.” and Georgina’s: “Oh, aren’t you just the kindest, nicest little trust fund babies in the whole world?” and many more! Let’s not forget Dan’s: “Wisconsin? Seriously? Do you even know where that is on a map?” ’cause the boy was right.
3. Cuteness vs. Useless
+ Blair is on fire with her snarky comments! Only one girl can lead this group and that is our Queen B.
+ You can say everything you want about our favorite Upper East Siders, but they always stick up for each other when they need it. They are indeed family.
+ A little shout out for our fabulous voice-over Kristen Bell (also know as Veronica Mars). I’m not sure if I want her to be Gossip Girl when they reveal her, but she does some awesome voice-overs. About the Gossip Girl reveal: my best guess is Eric’s old boyfriend or Eric. How cool would that be?!
+ Nate doing what he does best: meeting girls (including an age difference alert) to start a new relationship with (and being a great friend).
+ Know yourself, and Chuck Bass is quite good at that: “I mean, Gosip Girl is only slightly less trustworthy than, say, Georgina Sparks or me.”
+ Props for the writers. The dialog was old-fashioned witty. Loved it!
– I hate that Ivy is still around. Pretending to take revenge for her old classmate Lola. Can’t we just trade her for raccoon Jenny and (a character totally ruined in the tv show) Vanessa?
– Rufus was once the moral compass of this show with a good heart. Now he is just naive and thinking he is always right (even when he is not). Blegh, although we totally get where Dan gets his self-righteousness from.
– Lily the ice queen sucks. Go find your (rock and roll) heart mrs. Rhodes-Van Der Woodsen-Bass-Humprey-Bass.
– Dan writing an expose on the Upper East Side with Georgina Sparks. She pretended that they were having a baby together… How can he forget that and betray his friends?! Shouldn’t Dan take the highroad? Also: get yourself a new hairdresser!
– I a feeling that Amira isn’t on team Chuck when it comes to the battle between the Basses. Which sucks. I hope to see Chuck beat Bart Bass.
4. Rate it! (on a scale from 0 to 10)
I missed Gossip Girl! It feels a lot like old times and the dialog was great. We must not forget all the small references through the whole episode. It looks like it is going to be a great last season… so let’s start it with a 9.
Let me know what you think in the comments below!