ABC’s doubling up the goods this week! Part uno.
1. What just happened?!
Lots of education in Modern Family’s return. (Who says you can’t learn from television??) As Haley is leaving the nest for college, Lily’s getting ready for a first day at kindergarten and Manny sends Jay and Gloria to parenting class. Can Claire and Phil let go? How on earth are Jay and Gloria going to raise a baby properly (and will there be baby burritos involved)? And most importantly: how damaged is little boy Connor?!
2. What was the most memorable quote or dialog this episode?
– Phil: “24 times? What are you buying her, a four year supply?” Claire: “Oh please Phil that would have lasted me and my college boyfriend…” Phil: “LA LA LA LA LA LA.”
– Haley: “Don’t dork up our room.” Alex: “Don’t slut up your college.” (Ah the emotional goodbye between sisters)
– Principal: “Mister Tucker, what happened out there was inacceptable.” Cam: “I agree. Is this kindergarten or The Hunger Games?”
3. Cuteness vs. Useless
+ Phil quoting Jefferson. Priceless.
+ Cam and Mitchell explaining ‘Gays versus lesbians’. Oh the hilarity of these two.
– How many nerd points do I score for finding Jay and Gloria unnecessarily obnoxious in parenting class?
+ Phil’s-osophy. Need a copy on my bookshelf. Now. Such a precious ending when Haley calls her parents after reading it. Emotional moments on Modern Family? That’s a first! Here’s hoping it’s not the last.
4. Rate it! (on a scale from 0 to 10)
Chuckle here, chuckle there: an 8,5.
What do you think of this week’s first episode?