ABC’s doubling up the goods this week! The thrilling review sequel.
1. What just happened?!
Life changing moments happening in our favorite family. Phil and Claire are full of their 5 year plan, which involves a vasectomy. Phil seems slightly too excited about that in the beginning. Mitchell addresses a sensitive topic: Cam having (or in this case: not having) a job. Turns out mermaid costumes for cats kill your time perfectly. Gloria and Jay decide if they want to know the baby’s gender, while Gloria’s definitely-totally-completely-not showing already. Right, Gloria? It’s the belly shirt revival.
2. What was the most memorable quote or dialog this episode?
– Jay: Ï’m having a baby at 65. You want another surprise Gloria? Buy yourself a box of Cracker Jacks.”
– Claire: “I have post post office traumatic stress disorder”. Haley over the phone: ‘Stop smiling, it isn’t that clever.” [2 minutes later] Claire: “I have post post office traumatic stress disorder.” Phil over the phone: “Nailed it.”
– Jay, as he picks up Phil for his vasectomy appointment: “Let’s go, chop chop.”
– Manny: “They fired the music teacher.” Gloria: “Mister Namagachi?!” Manny: “THAT you can say.”
3. Cuteness vs. Useless
+ Cam glancing at his new shirt and curtains for a second. Sometimes it’s the little, subtle things in Modern Family.
– Alex gone goth. What?? Did we time travel five years back? I get that the writers are looking for an exciting twist in Alex’ story, but I was kind of rooting for the geeky overachiever character. Boohoo.
4. Rate it! (on a scale from 0 to 10)
Although I liked tonight’s first episode better, ‘failing’ is not in the Modern Family dictionary: 7,5.
What do you think of this week’s second episode?