Happy Hallowe’en! For (what I’m guessing) not the last time in television’s upcoming week.
1. What just happened?!
It’s Halloween and Claire’s been told she needs to tone it down this year. After her not so family friendly heart attack fiasco 365 days ago, now only huge lollipops (cardboard, Luke) and Bo Beep costumes are allowed. Phil doesn’t really get this since Claire is not that scary on Halloween in his opinion. My opinion is that he shouldn’t have said that. My opinion is proven right during Phil’s hosted open house.
Cam has lost “a lot of weight” and throws a big Halloween party to show off his new and improved bod. The party ends up involving him flashing the party guests. Yes, parties are wild at the Tucker-Pritchett residence. Lily is dressed up as a princess two years in a row, which may have something to do with Mitchell telling an innocent lie about Lily’s birth mother.
Jay realizes he’s not a young man anymore and is worried he’s lost his mojo. Also, pregnancy hormones make Gloria extremely feisty.
2. What was the most memorable quote or dialog this episode?
– Phil: “The world needs more dreamers Luke. Never stop licking things.”
– Lily: “What about the tiara?” Mitchell: “We didn’t buy one, you can just use the one from last year.” Lily: “Are we poor?”
– Manny: “Oh no Darcus! What I wouldn’t give for this umbrella to have Mary Poppins’ powers.” Luke: “Oh I pray he didn’t hear that.”
– Mitchell: “There you go honey, ok off you go, mingle MINGLE.”
3. Cuteness vs. Useless
+ Yes to cuteness, the Lily scenes were filled with cuteness! The conversation between Cam, Mitchell and Lily was just adorable. Nice to see this family evolving, especially since nothing really happened with all the others.
+ I’ll admit Claire, you are scary. The last scene made me shivery, just how it’s supposed to
be at Halloween (then again, the bad guy in Disney’s Mulan makes me shivery too).
– I’ve seen enough of I’m-such-an-oldie-Jay and pregnant Gloria to be honest. Although I like these two characters, I can’t wait for the baby to be born. The Delgado-Pritchett family could use a nice fresh breeze.
4. Rate it! (on a scale from 0 to 10)
Not the most interesting episode of Modern Family. In hopes of a stronger episode next week: 6/6,5
What do you think of this week’s episode?