And she has been in college for six weeks!
1. What just happened?!
The entire family gets a midnight wakeup call; Haley got arrested.
Without doubt Claire and Phil jump out of bed, with Claire being the one that’s slightly more freaked out, to drive up to Haley’s college. They ask Mitchell (working in environmental law) to join them in case they need a lawyer. Hey, experience with defending pandas in court is also experience.
Cam watches Alex, Luke and Lily. He is certain that Claire thinks he’s got bad parenting skills. Which he ab-so-lu-te-ly does not endorse with a soy bacon allergy fiasco. (Worlds Guinnest Record for two kids ending up in a hospital in such short notice?)
Gloria wants to pick out a stroller, but Jay doesn’t feel like it. Then as Gloria is away to run some errands, Jay’s ex-wife Didi visits. Since Gloria and Didi obviously are no sunshine and rainbows, Jay doesn’t want Didi to find out about Gloria’s pregnancy. Not knowing that her finding out, might be even worse than he thought.
Haley turns out to be arrested for assaulting a police officer (never listen to ‘hands up’ while climbing a fire escape!). After she got bailed out by her parents, she needs to defend herself in front of the Disciplinary Committee. After all that hard work getting in, can she stay in college?
2. What was the most memorable quote or dialog this episode?
– Alex: “Uncle Cam, I thought I heard your voice. What are you doing here, where are my parents?” Cam: “Well the school called and your sister won a big award.” Alex: “Nice try the only one who would believe that is Haley.” Lily: “She’s in jail…” Alex: “Yail?!” Cam: “Lily, what did I say?” Lily: “That it was only a matter of time.” Cam: “Ok no, didn’t say that…”
– Jay: “If you had a husband who liked picking out strollers you wouldn’t be having a baby.”
– Jay: “Sorry I would LOVE to go to the spoken word festival, but I’m already going to that rather blow my brains out jamboree.”
– Jay: “Haley needs someone who knows about criminal law, like Perry Mason.” Mitchell: “Ok so I’m not a real lawyer but Perry Mason is?”
– Haley: “In Legally Blonde Elle won her case because she was true to herself and dressed cute.” Phil: “Haley, this is real life, not an excellent movie.”
– Phil: “Where are my keys?” Haley: “They are right there on the make-up table.” Claire: “Oh honey that’s a desk.”
– Haley: “What is this, a solar system?” Alex: “They’re molecules.” Haley: “They’re nerdy balls.”
3. Cuteness vs. Useless
+ The opening scene with all the wake-up calls was funny, everyone waking up in a way completely fitting for their character.
+ Cam’s determination in proving that his fake bacon (but actually faux-fake bacon, which is why Cam likes to call it faux-con and Mitchell finds it faux-con disgusting) tastes good. Even at the hospital emergency desk he can’t help but say ‘somebody gave him some soy bacon that was so good that he couldn’t tell the difference’.
+ Phil standing up against his daughter. Woah, we haven’t seen that before! Go Phil, now eat your waffle!
– Of all three story lines in this episode I least liked the one with Gloria, Jay and Didi. Although Sofia Vergara is brilliant, I think I’ve seen enough of pregnant-cranky Gloria dear writers.
+ Awww at the nice sisterly moment at the end when Alex comforts Haley about getting kicked out of school. Those were some very cute… two seconds. (But hurray, Haley’s back!)
4. Rate it! (on a scale from 0 to 10)
A good episode this week, I’m glad that the family is all back together. Now if only Gloria could have her baby soon… For now: 7,5
What do you think of this week’s episode?