Finally our weekly dose of Ryan King is back.
1. What just happened?!
Yolanda feels ready to leave the group so a special goodbye ceremony is organized. “Out of sight, out of mind” appears to be what the others were thinking. So it’s no surprise that Yolanda gets mad at her friends for ditching her so quickly. Hold on to your onesies people, cause Yolanda might not be as ready to leave as she thinks she is.
Ryan and Owen bond over a game of Halo. Which is a very addictive game apparently. Lauren hints Ryan to play the big brother role, but Ryan’s all like “nah, I’d rather play Halo.” Until Owen’s momma changes his mind, or basically forces him to do so. Ryan and Owen get all bromance-ish, brotherly pranks included.
Futhermore: a new K-Ball Girl hops around the Ryan King office. And we celebrate a belated (or extremely early) Halloween.
2. What was the most memorable quote or dialog this episode?
Not as much funny punch lines as usual. The show seems to evolve into a combination of funny moments well fitted for the characters than just funny lines. Still, there were some:
– Anne: “Ok, is this a meeting of the teenage virgin society? Because I would like to talk about something real.” Owen: “Pfff classic mud wasp.” Ryan: “Totally”
– Lauren: “Now we all know when people join us to work through their issues, they’re only here for a limited time. That’s why this group is called transitions.” Ryan: “Oh so it’s not because another group beat you to the name stone cold bummer society?”
3. Cuteness vs. Useless
– What’s up with the new intro? Do we not remember Fresh Prince of Bell Air? A vague renowned tv show called Friends? And hello, The Love Boat?? A good show needs a good intro tune.
+ Now I don’t actually play any video games, but still know somewhat about them. (Thanks internet) I felt like a nerd understanding and laughing about the Halo scenes. (Thanks again internet) P.S. Bravo for Halo’s marketing team. Very well done.
+ I liked the story line of Ryan and Owen bonding. It had humor with the Halo scenes, conversations between Ryan and Owen’s mother and the pranks. But definitely didn’t lack a certain amount of awkwardness and sappy heartfelt moments every now and then.
+ Steven and Ryan finding out Owen’s trying to impress a girl = adorable + amusing. Too bad Owen didn’t like Carrie though. That would’ve been cute.
+/- How bad am I for having dangling thoughts on liking or not liking the idea of Yolanda leaving? She just seems the least thought out character and is a little annoying at times. She doesn’t add much to the group, but still it would wreck the group balance if one would leave.
+ Cool Halloween costumes you got there group!
4. Rate it! (on a scale from 0 to 10)
An entertaining return for Go On this week, but not its best episode. 6,5/7
What do you think of this week’s episode?