Happy Thanksgiving all you Americans, happy Thursday… the rest.
1. What just happened?!
Ryan’s college amigo will be staying with him for a while. Except the amigo is more like an amiga and her name is Amy. Oehhh… Ryan and Amy sitting in a tree. Not for Ryan no, he’s sure to stay as far from a tree as possible.
As soon as Amy’s here, it’s actually Steven who admits to Ryan that he likes her. Ryan, still going strong on his I-do-not-like-her plan, gives him the green light. But it doesn’t take long for him to realize that Amy should be his and not Steven’s. Yeah, kind of a no brainer there. Oh oh what happened with pals before gals?
To avoid Steven and Amy going on a Thanksgiving date, Ryan organizes a last minute party where everyone’s invited. Steven, Amy, Ryan, Carrie, the group AND Owen’s mom. All together. That ought to be interesting.
2. What was the most memorable quote or dialog this episode?
– Lauren: “Well you must be excited to see him.” Ryan: “Her.” Sonia: “WHAT??”
– Ryan & Amy: “DRINKS DRINKS DRINKS DRINKS…” Ryan: “I think we’re trying to recapture something we never did.” Amy: “I like it though, let’s make it a thing.” Ryan & Amy: “DRINKS DRINKS DRINKS DRINKS…” Amy: “Does it have a hand thing?” Ryan: “I don’t think so.” Amy: “Oh.” Ryan & Amy: “DRINKS DRINKS DRINKS…”
– Steven: “Ok, you guys are mean and this is the reason I was your only friend in college.”
– Amy: “What? Why are looking at me funny?” Ryan: “What no, I was just thinking about airline food, I mean what’s going on there? Steven taught me how to kiss.”
– Carrie: “I don’t know, if my boyfriend did all that stuff for me… I’d be getting lucky.” Steven: “Don’t try to hang with the boys Carrie, makes you seem cheap.”
– Carrie: “So you want me to cook Thanksgiving dinner in the office kitchen?” Ryan: “Carrie, I know you’re a creative person. I read your little notebooks when you’re not at your desk. I want you to channel all that lousy art and terrible poetry into a great meal.”
– Ryan: “Alright look, the truth is… I’ve been thinking about it and I’m not ready to act on it, but I may have some feelings for her and I’d like to keep the option open. So I guess you’re going to have to step back.” Steven: “No.” Ryan: “But really sad stuff happened to me.”
– Steven: “Well then may the best man win.” Ryan: “No may I win.”
3. Cuteness vs. Useless
+ Electric Night the moooon is on fiii-hi-re, electric night filled with desiiii-hi-re. No Ryan, you’re not the only one who can’t get Electric Night out of their head. You’re not.
+ The group as the Brady Bunch. Even Ryan cannot deny anymore how awesome the group’s friendship is.
+ Lauren Graham. Nough said.
4. Rate it! (on a scale from 0 to 10)
An entertaining episode, nothing special: 7.
What do you think of this week’s episode?