Last week left us at sectionals…
1. What happened?!
…and we’re still there. Oh noes! Marley fainted, so the group leaves during the competition. If only someone would have read the official show choir rule book beforehand… They would have known that leaving the competition means immediate disqualification. And so The Warblers win and for the first time in history McKinley’s glee club loses sectionals. (A repetition of ‘Oh noes!’ seems well fitted here.)
And sectionals is not the only thing they lose. On top of that, they have to give their rehearsal space to some brand new French-Canadian circus inspired cheerios side project called Sue de Soleil. Hmm, who would be behind that? The glee club members lose their motivation and trust in glee and sign up with other after school projects. Seems like our favorite singing group has come to an end. But hey now, hey now, don’t dream it’s over.
In between all of this, Sam lures Brittany into a love song with breakfast. The two flirt with taking their friendship to the next level.
On another note: at Nyada New York it’s time for the winter showcase. Rachel gets her hands on one of the very exclusive golden tickets, dance battles with Cassie July, eventually belts some Streisand at the showcase and wins. Kurt gets the chance of a lifetime.
2. What was the most memorable quote or dialog this episode?
– Brittany in Sue’s imagination about the glee kids’ future: “I’m a finance major at Brandeis. Turns out glee club was really holding me back.”
– Mr. Piano Player: “Sue Sylvester? I cannot thank you enough. I can’t tell you how much I hate those kids! Do you know how demeaning it is when they just turn to you and yell ‘hit it!’ and you’re just supposed to know what song they’re gonna sing? I’m free, free!”
– Brittany: “That’s because you’re a genius. And most people don’t understand geniuses. Just like most people didn’t appreciate Einstein or The Spice Girls till it was too late.”
3. Cuteness vs. Useless
+ Nice touch there, with mister Piano Player (cause admit, who does know his name after all these years??) being happy Glee club ended. The impromptu accompaniment by the band is Glee’s goofy thing. I like how Ryan and co. dare to joke a little about the show itself.
+ [Whisper] I love this song too Brittany. [/whisper] Something Stupid is one of my classic favs and Sam and Brittany made a cute couple performing it. On the internets, not all Gleeks are happy with the blondie combo. Something to do with double standards and tossing aside story lines. I don’t know, It’s Glee land, anything can happen. And also, love is love.
+ Wooooh for Chicago. Kate – fierce – Hudson nailed that performance of All That Jazz (gosh how I like that song too!). Also: shout-out to So You Think You Can Dance’s Melanie!
4. Rate it! (on a scale from 0 to 10)
Sad as it is, I think it’s good that New Directions didn’t win. It would have been so… predictable. So for making bold choices and incorporating two of my favorite songs: 7,5.
What did you think of this episode?