The Originals 1×04 Girl in New Orleans
It’s time for a night out on the town during the annual Dauphine street music festival. Klaus thinks Davina’s loyalty to Marcel is crumbling and tries to win her over so he can defeat Marcel once and for all. Hayley visits a bayou baby doctor after witch Agnes insist that she should have a checkup. While Rebekah checks every building in New Orleans with shutters to find her brother Elijah.
– Klaus asks Cami to be his stenographer. It’s basically his alibi for hanging out with his frenemy’s girlfriend. Weird. Although I really liked the fact that the writers decided to explain her backstory. Okay it’s horrifying, but it was nice to learn a little bit more about her and her motives.
– Really liked the little nod about Rebekah wishing to have an normal human life, when she talked about women who would kill to have a baby.
– Hayley was very smart at the bayou baby doctor. I’m glad she is able to kickass just like Rebekah and isn’t a fragile preggers human/werewolf.
– That was a nice use of a costume scene: Elijah planting a memory with new information in Rebekah’s mind. He is like a super vampire.
– Marcel is really protective of Davina, I wonder why.
– The violin guy Tim was cute, sad he was compelled to forget. Teen romance is so adorable.
– Another adorable heart melting moment: Klaus helping Hayley and carrying her home, with Rebekah beside him. They looked like a real family for a few seconds.
– Elijah is awake! Best. news. ever.
The Originals 1×04 quotes
Klaus: “Over the course of my life, I’ve encountered no shortage of those who would presume to speak of good and evil. Such terms mean nothing. People do what is in their best interest, regardless of who gets hurt. Is it evil to take what one wants, to satisfy hunger even if doing so will cause another suffering? What some would call evil I believe to be an appropriate response to a harsh and unfair world.”
Cami: “I don’t believe in evil as a diagnosis. I think you have unstable personal relationships, stress-related paranoia, chronic anger issues, fear of abandonment. I think you could benefit from talking to someone professionally.”
Klaus: “I think I prefer to talk to you, so I’m going to offer you a job as my stenographer.”
Rebekah: “A lot of women would kill to have a child. Strikes me as odd that you’re not taking better care of yours.”
Davina: “I mean, the place can’t be bad for all time just because one bad thing happened, right?”
Klaus: “The world is a rather awful place. Best to meet it on its own terms.”
Cami: “No. The world isn’t awful. People are not awful. They want to be good. Something makes them bad, something breaks them down, makes them snap.”
Klaus: “Impressive, but you don’t want to fight me, love. Innocent people have a way of winding up dead.”
Klaus: “One of the tragic consequences of war, innocent bystanders.”
Klaus compelling Cami: “As for you, tonight, you will sleep, and you will dream of a world far better than this one, a world where there is no evil, no demons, and all people desire only to be good.”